Saturday, January 01, 2005

Prayer Requests for 1/1

On the first day of this new year, we ask the intercession of Mary, the Mother of God, as today is her feast day under this title. Today is also the World Day of Prayer for Peace.

For a happy and prosperous 2005....

For peace in the world, in our nation, in our cities, in our families, and in our hearts...

For those affected by natural disasters, especially the tsunamis in the Indian Ocean...

From Peg:

That I get out of my crabby mood....

From Bernard McMahon:

Please pray for those in my family and those friends who have drifted away from the Faith, that they may return.

Please pray for my friend Mary who has cancerous spots on her lung.

From Marilyn:

Thanksgiving for the birth of Jesus.

I ask prayer for my 9-month-old grandson Christian Michael that our Lord's light will always shine upon him; that Christian will be upright of heart, lead a life worthy of praise, and that he will always be protected.

I also ask prayer for my family for protection and grace, health of mind and body, and that they be drawn closer to each other and to our Lord Jesus and ultimately to a joy that never ends.

No comments: