Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Prayers for Fr. Neuhaus

Fr. Neuhaus writes:

I cannot begin to respond to the deluge of assurances of prayer and concern about my health. Please be assured that I am grateful and count mightily on being remembered by you before the Throne of Grace. Or, as Catholics are wont to say, on your storming the gates of heaven. The nature of the cancer is beginning to come into clearer focus, and I hope to have more details in short order. Meanwhile, I will, please God, continue to be as engaged as possible in the work of First Things and other apostolates, even as I am compelled by grace to know more deeply our solidarity within the Body of Christ.

Lord, we ask for your healing grace and comfort to Fr. Neuhaus as he battles cancer. Please guide him in your boundless love and provide for him a system of prayer and support both personally and through this online community of faith.

Blessed Mother, we ask for your intercession for your son, along with the intercession of all the Saints in light, through the name of our Lord Jesus. Amen.

Send your prayer requests and intentions to oratefratres@yahoo.com. All prayers are welcome!

No comments: